Sunday, August 7, 2011

Heidi's Green Bean Pesto Salad

1 Cup Fresh Cut Green Beans
1 ts Sea Salt
3 Cups Cooked Salad Macaroni
1 Cup Diced Mozzarella
6-7 oz Pesto with Basil

Cover green beans with water, add sea salt, and cook until water is gone. Let beans cool then mix all ingredients together. Serve.

Kathy's Notes: I like green beans to still be a little crispy so I used fresh and just tossed them in with the pasta the last few minutes of cooking and then drained and cooled all in a big colander with ice cold water. The crispiness added a nice texture. I also added a bit of parmesan to the mix and used half again more mozzarella. It made more than I could eat in one meal and dried out storing overnight in the fridge so I tossed with a tiny drizzle of olive oil the second (and again the 3rd) day.

No comments: